As part of the effort, the team will be holding a special webinar session as a platform to discuss ideas on the preservation of art and culture, the roles of stakeholders and for knowledge and experiences sharing from invited panelists on rebana kercing and other traditional performing arts from Southeast Asian communities.
A team of researchers of Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK) is currently carrying out a project to preserve a dying performing art under the project of “Preservation of the Rebana Kercing of Kampung Laut, Kelantan”. This project is funded by the US Ambassadors fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP), Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
The webinar session is scheduled as follows:
23 May 2022 (Monday)
9.00 AM – 11.00 AM (Malaysia)/ 8.00 – 10.00 AM (Thailand)/ 3.00 – 5.00 PM (Hawai’i, USA)/ 7.00 – 9.00 PM (Colorado, USA)
- Professor Dr. William Ryan Chapman (Dean, University of Hawai’i at Mãnoa, USA).
- Professor Dr. Farok Zakaria (Profesor, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand).
- Dr. Erin Leckey (AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellow, US Department of State, USA).
Mrs. Linira Ghazali (Lecturer, Faculty of Language Studies And Human Development UMK)
Platform: Facebook Live @OfficialUMK
Follow us to receive notification regarding the event:
- website (https://rebanaconservation-afcp-umk.com/)
- Fanpage FB (https://www.facebook.com/rebanakercingumk)
Mark your calendar and see all of you soon!!